IndexIndex  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  InloggenInloggen  

Deel | 

Ayutthaya Provincial Pillar (Lak Muang) shrine. Nr.2.

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Go down 
AuteurBericht
inazuma

Aantal berichten : 1010
Leeftijd : 46
Registration date : 04-09-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Ayutthaya Provincial Pillar (Lak Muang) shrine. Nr.2.   di feb 08, 2011 7:44 am

Lijkt me een goed openings topic, zelf heb ik er weinig kennis van dus maar even gezocht op het net wat het volgende op leverde:

The Ayutthaya City Pillar (Lak Muang) shrine is located next to the roundabout near Wat Phra Ram. This shrine, and the pillar within it, is a modern construction erected in the twentieth century. While there is some evidence that ancient Ayutthaya may have had a city pillar, nobody is sure where it was located. The significance of the city pillar changed substantially during the Bangkok era, and it wasn't until the 1990s that provinces were actually directed to erect city pillars in their capital cities.

People come to city pillar shrines to make offerings and pray for good fortune, pregnancy and other boons. There's a rather amusing story about one teacher's experience with the shrine on the Ayutthaya Info web site.

En dat is dan het volgende verhaaltje:

This rebuilt two-floor monument is located across the roundabout from Wat Phra Ram. It houses a stone pillar that once marked the provincial center of Ayutthaya. The pillar resembles a lingam, which is a phallic symbol associated with Brahmins. It is therefore, appropriately located next to Sala Phrakran, a temple once used by this very group.

A local legend is that anyone who touches the pillar will be struck dead or maimed for life if they are tainted by sin. Only the pure of heart can survive its mystical power. As fate had it, I visited the city pillar with my students the day after our midterm test. I requested that they touch the pillar to prove that they had not cheated. Much to my dismay, none of my students accepted this challenge. They slyly snuck away instead while pretending to be seriously interested in the Brahmin site nearby.

Tot slot de lokatie: 14į 21' 06.92" N 100į 33' 35.51" E

Dit is nr.2 op de Ayutthaya Tourist Map.

Laatst aangepast door inazuma op di maa 01, 2011 5:20 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
Terug naar boven Go down
http://www.vijver-online.nl/
videomaster
Expat

Aantal berichten : 4522
Leeftijd : 57
Registration date : 03-09-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Ayutthaya Provincial Pillar (Lak Muang) shrine. Nr.2.   wo feb 09, 2011 6:02 am

Een mooie City Pillar, die dan meteen ook de nieuwe foto van de week wordt op het portal.

Terug naar boven Go down
http://thailand.forumotion.com

Ayutthaya Provincial Pillar (Lak Muang) shrine. Nr.2.
Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
Thailand Isaan forum :: Thailand algemeen :: Centraal Thailand :: Changwat Ayutthaya / พระนครศรีอยุธยา-
Ga naar: